Cambodian Volunteers for Society (CVS) is a non-governmental organization which has been initiated and established since 2005 by a variety of experienced bodies as Royal University of Phnom Penh, Department of Environmental Science (DES), Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT), Urban Poor Development Funds (UPDF) and Thai Volunteers Services (TVS). CVS was officially registered at Ministry of Interior on October 30th, 2009.
CVS envisions Cambodian youths have capacity and commitment to make dynamic contributions to Cambodia’s development.
CVS mission is to provide opportunities for Cambodian youths to learn, get experience, and unlock their potentials in order to make positive contributions to the development of Cambodian society.
Three core values statements were developed during the strategic planning:
1. CVS believes that youths have great potentials to make social change.
2. CVS believes that volunteerism can significantly contribute to human and social development.
3. CVS believes that learning from real life experience improves future practice.
1. Graduate youths volunteering at CVS will have made useful contributions and commitment to communities while gaining work experience for their future professional career.
2. Youths in communities have more awareness of their identity, shared values, local resources, ownership and commitment to make contributions to their own communities.
3. Volunteerism in Cambodia will have been well understood, recognized, valued by CVS target groups and stakeholders.